- Use the same courtesy as you would extend someone you are having a phone conversation with.
- Don not entice a flame and don?t participate in flamefests. Flaming occurs when you send a message that provokes an angry, and often nasty, response. When others join in, a full-fledged flamefest ensues.
- Use the same rules regarding good grammar, punctuation and word choice as you would for any written communication.
- Don not type your message in all capital letters. the are hard to read. This is known as SHOUTING and may provoke flaming.
- Use the subject line to give recipients an idea of the message?s contents.
- Don not use vulgar language or make sexist comments.
Caracas Chronicles is 100% reader-supported.
We’ve been able to hang on for 21 years in one of the craziest media landscapes in the world. We’ve seen different media outlets in Venezuela (and abroad) closing shop, something we’re looking to avoid at all costs. Your collaboration goes a long way in helping us weather the storm.Donate