on the subject on the "correct behaviour"
Tips for Effective Online Communication Online etiquette is often referred to as “netiquette”. Remember: You are communicating with real people, not machines. Use the same courtesy as you...
Tips for Effective Online Communication
Online etiquette is often referred to as “netiquette”.
Remember: You are communicating with real people, not machines.
- Use the same courtesy as you would extend someone you are having a phone conversation with.
- Don not entice a flame and don?t participate in flamefests. Flaming occurs when you send a message that provokes an angry, and often nasty, response. When others join in, a full-fledged flamefest ensues.
- Use the same rules regarding good grammar, punctuation and word choice as you would for any written communication.
- Don not type your message in all capital letters. the are hard to read. This is known as SHOUTING and may provoke flaming.
- Use the subject line to give recipients an idea of the message?s contents.
- Don not use vulgar language or make sexist comments.
Caracas Chronicles is 100% reader-supported.
We’ve been able to hang on for 19 years in one of the craziest media landscapes in the world. Now, the difficulty level was raised abruptly with the global pandemic. We’ve seen different media outlets in Venezuela (and abroad) cutting personnel to avoid closing shop. This is something we’re looking to avoid at all costs, and it seems we will. But your collaboration goes a long way in helping us weather the storm.Donate