Katy says: Does the President you have supported in the past:
1. Embarrass you with put-downs and call you a traitor for not thinking like him?
2. Say things or act in ways that scare you?
3. Want to control what you do, what you see on TV, what education your kids get, what you buy or where you go?
4. Harm your relationship with your friends, coworkers or family members?
5. Take your money, make you ask for money or refuse to give you money
6. Make all of the decisions?
7. Tell you that your values are wrong or threaten to take away your freedoms?
8. Prevent you from finding a job or learning according to your choice?
9. Act like verbal abuse or violence is no big deal, it’s your fault, or even deny doing it?
10. Destroy or take away people’s property in an unfair manner?
11. Intimidate you with purchases of guns, airplanes, boats or other weapons?
12. Hit you with laws that came out of nowhere, on which you had no input?
13. Force you to go to marches and wear a red shirt?
14. Say that all good things he has done will end if he does not get what he wants?
15. Threaten to never leave office or bury politically anybody who disagrees with him?
If you answered ‘yes’ to even one of these questions, you may be in an abusive political relationship.
For help in how to deal with this, VOTE NO December 2nd.
PS.- This one is dedicated to my moderate chavista friends.
PS2.- I trust I have not come across as insensitive toward the plight of victims of domestic violence the world over, but this questionnaire is adapted from this one.
Caracas Chronicles is 100% reader-supported.
Support independent Venezuelan journalism by making a donation.Donate