What would oil policy look like in a Leopoldo López presidency?
1. Lots of investment in production, geared toward making Venezuela the world’s top producer
2. Lots of investment in gas, making us the continent’s top gas exporter.
3. Democratize the industry.
4. The creation of a solidarity fund with oil rents to finance poverty-alleviation schemes and a social security system that works.
5. The development of an ancillary-services industry, including the petro-chemical sector.
6. R&D funds for alternative energies.
Caracas Chronicles is 100% reader-supported.
We’ve been able to hang on for 21 years in one of the craziest media landscapes in the world. We’ve seen different media outlets in Venezuela (and abroad) closing shop, something we’re looking to avoid at all costs. Your collaboration goes a long way in helping us weather the storm.Donate