What would oil policy look like in a Leopoldo López presidency?
1. Lots of investment in production, geared toward making Venezuela the world’s top producer
2. Lots of investment in gas, making us the continent’s top gas exporter.
3. Democratize the industry.
4. The creation of a solidarity fund with oil rents to finance poverty-alleviation schemes and a social security system that works.
5. The development of an ancillary-services industry, including the petro-chemical sector.
6. R&D funds for alternative energies.
Caracas Chronicles is 100% reader-supported.
Support independent Venezuelan journalism by making a donation.Donate