While Maduro speaks, a strange situation is developing outside the National Assembly.
- Aristóbulo Istúriz – Anzoategui State Governor and old time Causa R organizer made Vice-President. Very bright guy. Total extremist, of course.
New Economic Cabinet:
- New Economics Vicepresident (without portfolio) – Luis Salas (Total nutter. Read his proposals – if you have the stomach for it – here.)
- Banking and Finance – Rodolfo Medina (former UCV econ professor, former head of research for the Banco de Venezuela, former National Budget Director – Utter unknown. An actual economist for once. Apparently understands econometrics, which should help.)
- Tourism – Marleny Contreras (again)
- Oil Ministry + PDVSA – Eulogio del Pino (keeps his old job)
- Industry and Commerce – Miguel Pérez Abad (Longtime government yes-man)
- Foreign Trade and International Investment – Jesús Faría (Outgoing A.N. member, lost to José Guerra. At least a proponent of exchange rate unification.)
- Agricultural and Lands – Comander Castro Sotel
- Fish and Fisheries – Admiral Ángel Belisario (Now we’re talking priorities!)
- Urban Agriculture – Enma Ortega (Se nota que lo que faltaba era ministerios…)
- Sovereignty and Food Safety – Rodolfo Marco Torres (He’s out of Finance! Hallelujah!)
- Planning Minister and Vice-President: Ricardo Menéndez
New Social Cabinet:
- VP for Social Area, and Minister for University Education, Science and Technology – Jorge Arreaza.
- Health – Luisana Melo
- Education – Rodulfo Pérez
- Women – Gladys Requena (again)
- Indigenous People – Clara Vidal (again)
- Prisons Service – Iris Varela (again)
- Culture – Freddy Ñáñez
- Youth and Sport – Mervin Maldonado (will need to leave his AN seat)
- Labour – Osvaldo Vera
- Foreign Affairs/VP for “Political Sovereignty” – Delcy Rodríguez (again)
- Interior – Mayor General Gustavo Enrique González López (Again)
- Defense – Padrino López (again!!! – #quebolasestavaina)
- Telecoms – Desirée Santos Amaral
- Communications and Information (a.k.a., Propaganda) – Luis José Marcano
- Borders – Izquierdo Torres
- Transport and Public Works (What we used to call Infrastructure, right?) – Luis Sauce
- Housing – Miguel Quevedo
- Electric System – Luis Alfredo Motta Dominguez
- Ecosocialism and Water (You can’t make this stuff up!) – Ernesto Taiba
- Caracas Parallel Government – Daniel Aponte
8:03 – What Venezuela needs now is more billboards advertising public works. Oh brother. Plus a piropo for Marcos Pérez Jiménez. Lo que faltaba.
7:55 p.m. – Starts threatening Televen and – wait for it – Globovision. (?!?!?) Diosdado won’t like that.
7:18 p.m. – “Cilia and I have 50 laying hens at home. And a rooster.” !?!?!?!??!? In Miraflores? Now onto plan caraota and the pachamama…holy cow!
7:03 p.m. – Luis Salas made Economy Tsar. This is very bad – the death knell of any sliver of a chance of reform. Much more on him very soon.