Gaceta Oficial N° 40,977, dated August 30th, 2016, sets out the names of the 18 military officers who have been charged with ensuring the supply of 18 specific basic supplies.
- Brigadier General Jorge Pérez Mancilla, director of Air and Land Safety at the Air Force Inspectorate, chief of cooking oil.
- Division General José Inés González Pérez, Director of Budget Planning at the Defense Minister, chief of rice.
- Rear-admiral Ángel Rueda Pinto, director of Organization and Development for Seguros Horizonte, chief of poultry
- Brigadier General Ludwing Palima Cisneros, director of Criminal and Financial Investigation for the National Guard, chief of sugar.
- Division General Luis Alejandro Jiménez Villaruel, permanent secretary for Recruitment and Readiness for the Wholistic Defense of the nation, chief of beef.
- Rear-admiral Juan Jiménez Peña, second commander and chief of the High Command of the Navy Corps of Engineers, chief of coffee.
- Brigadier General Reynzer Rojas Omaña, chief of the Special Administrative Police Service and of Criminal Investigations for National Customs and Revenue Safeguards, chief of beans.
- Brigadier General Fernando Prieto Ventura, Director of Social Welfare for the Office of Human Management at the Defense Minister, chief of laundry soap, body soap, shampoo, toothpaste and deodorant.
- Division General Juan Rivas Rojas, joint director for Support to National Development at the Strategic Operational Command of the Armed Forces, chief of pharmaceuticals.
- Rear-admiral Freddy Lozada Peraza, chief of supply for the Navy, chief of corn flour.
- Brigadier General José Gregorio Pérez Malavé, director for the Special Security Regime of the army, chief of dairy products.
- Division General José Antonio Rosales Duque, director of the office of Human Management at the Defense Ministry, chief of yellow corn.
- Rear-admiral Adolfo Contreras Soto, director of Logistics for the Second Command and High Command of the Navy, chief of margarine.
- Brigadier General Manuel Vera Boada, director of the Air Force Command post, chief of toilet paper, sanitary pads and disposable diapers.
- Division General Francisco Yánez Rodríguez, president of the Air Force Permanent Board for Evaluation, chief of wheat.
- Rear-admiral Luisa María Lozada Fergusson, director of personnel at the Capital Strategic and Wholistic Defense Region, chief of fish.
- Brigadier General Rubén Barreto Barrios, vice-Inspector General of the Army, chief of pork products.
- Brigadier General José Jesús Hernández Perales, director for Safeguarding National Mines for the National Guard, Chief of Soybean and Cake.
Caracas Chronicles is 100% reader-supported. Support independent Venezuelan journalism by making a donation.