This was a great first year for the Venezuela Diaspora Project. Not only did we have great guests, but we learned a lot about how to produce this kind of content. Here’s Chubeto’s wrap up:
Six takeaways by Chubeto after the VDP’s first year:
- Connecting the diaspora is a good bet on wealth creation for future generations.
- Venezuelans are at the cutting edge of many tech trends, particularly crypto.
- For those who are well-connected fundraising is a walk in the park, for those who are not… not so much.
- There are many ‘unknown’ Venezuelans who are outliers in their industries.
- We need to bring in more women to the podcast in 2022.
- It takes discipline to generate content consistently.
You can join the VDP’s discord channel here
Listen on Spotify:
Caracas Chronicles is 100% reader-supported.
We’ve been able to hang on for 19 years in one of the craziest media landscapes in the world. Now, the difficulty level was raised abruptly with the global pandemic. We’ve seen different media outlets in Venezuela (and abroad) cutting personnel to avoid closing shop. This is something we’re looking to avoid at all costs, and it seems we will. But your collaboration goes a long way in helping us weather the storm.Donate