Chavismo just decided to reboot the CNE in the middle of a critical stage of the opposition primary race. Join the fray in the comment section.
What Happened With the CNE?
- Chavista CNE members resigned to their positions.
- Consequence: The AN has to name a commission to appoint the committee that will decide over new member submissions.
- Chavista deputies said that if the committee had to be formed, then they had to replace all CNE members. Including those that didn’t resign.
- CNE members connected to the opposition, Roberto Picón and Enrique Márquez didn’t resign.
- The AN is proposing some classic chavista big wigs to the commission, including Cilia Flores—the first lady gets to decide who will oversee her husband’s reelection.
- The opposition’s National Primary Commission was in the middle of deliberations on whether the CNE should assist the primary election or not. It seems the decision was made for them.
Subscribe to El Feed
Delivered straight to your inbox