BREAKING: CNE expands electoral audit, Capriles accepts it

After nine hours of discussion, the Electoral Board announced in cadena nacional that it will allow an expansion of the electoral audit (originally restricted to the 54% of electoral tables, it will now cover the other 46%).

The entire audit will be done over the period of a month by reviewing samples of ballot boxes during periods of ten days (400 boxes daily) in front of candidates’ representatives.

Henrique Capriles Radonski has accepted the CNE’s decision and believes that the set of irregularities he denounced in the last few days can be confimed in the expanded audit.

Full details about the audit are expected to be released in the next few hours/days.

Caracas Chronicles is 100% reader-supported. Support independent Venezuelan journalism by making a donation.