Katy says: I have begun regulating the comments section. There are no fixed guidelines, and I won’t catch all offenders, but here are the points to keep in mind before posting something:
- If you post a comment that has no value for the discussion, it will be deleted.
- If you post an incendiary comment that only looks to provoke the anger of other posters, it will be deleted.
- If you post something offensive that has no wit and has been said a million times before, it will be deleted.
- I will not explain my choices for deletions.
- Do not take it personally if I delete a post of yours.
- If I don’t like the tone you use in a comment, it will be deleted.
- I will exercise my rights to censorship in an absolutely discretionary way, following the guidelines set forth in Venezuela’s Media Law.
- I will not parse through a comment selecting the good portions and the bad ones. If there is something that makes a comment deletable, it will be deleted in its entirety even if the rest is brilliant.
- I won’t be banning all the time, only when I have a few moments on my hands.
- Quico has offered to help me enforce standards on the comments section.
Caracas Chronicles is 100% reader-supported.
Support independent Venezuelan journalism by making a donation.Donate