Katy says: I have begun regulating the comments section. There are no fixed guidelines, and I won’t catch all offenders, but here are the points to keep in mind before posting something:
- If you post a comment that has no value for the discussion, it will be deleted.
- If you post an incendiary comment that only looks to provoke the anger of other posters, it will be deleted.
- If you post something offensive that has no wit and has been said a million times before, it will be deleted.
- I will not explain my choices for deletions.
- Do not take it personally if I delete a post of yours.
- If I don’t like the tone you use in a comment, it will be deleted.
- I will exercise my rights to censorship in an absolutely discretionary way, following the guidelines set forth in Venezuela’s Media Law.
- I will not parse through a comment selecting the good portions and the bad ones. If there is something that makes a comment deletable, it will be deleted in its entirety even if the rest is brilliant.
- I won’t be banning all the time, only when I have a few moments on my hands.
- Quico has offered to help me enforce standards on the comments section.
Caracas Chronicles is 100% reader-supported.
We’ve been able to hang on for 21 years in one of the craziest media landscapes in the world. We’ve seen different media outlets in Venezuela (and abroad) closing shop, something we’re looking to avoid at all costs. Your collaboration goes a long way in helping us weather the storm.Donate